Working with Political Institutions and Public Officials
|Event Type||Technical Knowledge Workshop|
|When||22 Mar 2017|
|Where||The Park Inn, York|
|Delegate Price||£270.00 +VAT|
This workshop will be co-delivered by the Parliamentary Outreach Service and by Kevin Richardson, Local Growth Consultant at HEFCE. It will cover the technical aspects of how Parliament and government work as well as the mechanisms and approaches that institutions can use to engage with it. It will also review the range of possible local partnerships and sources of support for these. The management perspective on the issues and challenges of working with these organisations and people - civil service, local and central government departments, agencies and public bodies and parliament – will also be explored.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Understand how to engage with political institutions and public officials
- Know which engagement method to use and when
- Understand the importance of relationship building
- Understand, from a management perspective, the issues and challenges of working with political institutions and public officials
- Understand, from a management perspective, the costs and benefits of working with political institutions and public officials
This workshop maps to the leadership levels of the Policy and Governance and Developing Proposals sections of the ARMA Professional Development Framework - https://www.arma.ac.uk/professional-development/PDF
This workshop will be of interest to any research manager who is interested in finding out more about:
- how local and national government, Parliament and other agencies and public bodies work
- how institutions might engage with them
The workshop is also of direct relevance to students who are currently studying, or wishing to enrol upon ARMA’s Certificate and Diploma in the Leadership of Research Management.
To view a draft programme click here.
- Elizabeth Garcha Knowledge Exchange and Impact Manager, University of Sheffield
- Louise Kempton Senior Research Associate, Newcastle University
- Kevin Richardson Local Growth Consultant, Higher Education Funding Council for England
- Sophie Sagg Senior Universities Programme Manager, Houses of Parliament
Venue and Travel
This workshop will be held at The Park Inn, York. More information on travelling to this venue can be found in our Sustainable Travel Plan.
If you need any assistance with bookings or general enquiries then please email firstname.lastname@example.org