Supporting the Development and Implementation of Organisational Systems and Processes
|Event Type||Good Practice Exchange|
|When||10 May 2017|
|Where||Wellcome Collection, London|
|Delegate Price||£270.00 +VAT|
This workshop is designed to give attendees an understanding of project management techniques and how they can be applied in the implementation of new systems and processes. Case studies will draw on the principles of implementing new research/grant management systems and the key principles in successfully implementing a new system and processes in universities.
In addition, there will be opportunities for individuals to discuss their own system or process implementation project, and get feedback from other attendees and the presenters on their plans.
By the end of the workshop, participants will understand:
- how to apply a project management approach to the implementation of new processes and systems within a research environment.
- how to practically support the development of new systems and processes within their own organisation.
- some of the ‘common pitfalls’ associated with implementing new systems, and how to avoid them.
This workshop is aimed at research managers and administrators involved in project managing or implementing a new system or process in either a university or in a funding organisation.
16:00 Evaluation and finish
A draft programme can be viewed here.
- Dr Kate Charles Head of Research Grant Development, University of Bath
- Dr Chris French Strategic Projects Manager, University of Liverpool
- Anna Morris Head of Research Funding, Diabetes UK
- Sean Hussain Head of Operational Development, Wellcome Trust
Venue and Travel
This workshop will be held at The Wellcome Collection, London Euston. More information on travelling to this venue can be found here.
- The Premier Inn London Euston, 0.1 miles from Venue
If you need any assistance with bookings or general enquiries then please email email@example.com