ARMA has is working towards a sustainable events management system that allows us to systematically improve the environmental performance and social impact of our events. Providing sustainable events will contribute to the long-term financial sustainability of our Association, improving the efficiency our events programme, allowing us to reinvest financial savings back into new and existing ARMA membership services.
What have we done so far?
As an ARMA event delegate you will notice some changes to the logistics of our events programme:
- Where practical, we are reducing the use of paper and printing by reducing the number of marketing documents and printed promotional materials and registration papers. Related to this, we are exploiting the use of electronic promotional materials, including the use of social media (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Our event programmes, hand-outs and delegate lists are printed on 100% recycled paper, making use of sustainable printing techniques (such as water-based inks) and where appropriate, are printed on double-sided copy
- All correspondence to delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors is, where practicable, sent via email and be made available on our website to minimise waste
- We ask delegates to return their lanyards and delegate badges so we can reuse at our next event
- Delegate registration items are provided at onsite registration, eliminating postage and waste
- Programme inserts are minimised to prevent waste
- Pens and paper are no longer provided to delegates. This is to encourage the reuse of both resources
- We are using venues that are near transport hubs to encourage delegates to use public transport and for those who must travel by car, we provide details of car share schemes