ARMA is the professional association for research managers and administrators in the UK. We currently have over 3000 individual members from around 250 organisations, ranging from universities and funding bodies to the National Health Service and independent research institutions.
To enhance the profession of research management and administration, and to facilitate excellence in research through identifying, establishing and exchanging good practice in research management and administration.
Our Strategic Priorities
Our Strategic Plan guides our decision-making and actions on behalf of our members until 2018. It shapes the programmes we deliver, the services we provide and the management of our business and finances. It allows us to set appropriate operational targets, manage the Executive Office and ensure value for money for all.
Our five strategic priorities are:
Creating Communities of Practice
Ensuring a Sustainable ARMA
The Strategic Plan provides a vehicle for the continued success and the sustainable growth of ARMA, and the delivery of our mission through:
- Delivering training and development events
- Providing information, advice and support through regular newsletters, communications and guidance materials
- Facilitating networking for the exchange of best practice and for mutual support amongst members
- Promoting strategic partnerships within and around the sector
- Facilitating one-to-one mentoring and providing financial support for individual professional development
- Representing the collective view of UK research managers and administrators through engagement with government, industry, charities and third sector organisations, and policy makers and influencers
- Raising the profile of research management and administration as a profession.